If you follow me since the beginning, you could very well know street style has been my predominant personal style. It’s the creative process that challenges me every time; the breaking the rules, the “not so matchy”, the prints play, the thought of that final touch, it all brings me to a hype.
How is it possible to pull a street style look in a Caribbean island?
In a hot, humid, island, you could probably think we wear shorts and flip flops all year long. Interesting enough, in this small island, girls know how to dress, and they really dress well, and I want to share with you some tips that I use to apply while choosing my daily outfits.
These are my personal tips to rock street style in a hot and humid country:
- Go for midi dresses in a loose soft fabric.
- Use fun accessories for styling, such as belts, bucket hats, mini bags, and a good pair of shoes. I love chunky shoes, besides giving a statement to the outfit it makes me look taller (Win, win!).
- Use that color bermuda short in your closet. As a bonus, have a matching blazer. This look goes very well with sneakers or strappy sandals.
- Have fun with your purse, use this accessory to edge your total look.
- Keep it monochrome yet nail the look using colorful shoes.
Now, boost that confidence and have fun while you dress. Do it for you, empower yourself and feel beautiful!