Street Style in the Caribbean
If you follow me since the beginning, you could very well know street style has been my predominant personal style. It’s the creative process that challenges me every time; the breaking the rules, the “not so matchy”, the prints play, the thought of that final touch, it all brings me to a hype.
How is it possible to pull a street style look in a Caribbean island?
In a hot, humid, island, you could probably think we wear shorts and flip flops all year long. Interesting enough, in this small island, girls know how to dress, and they really dress well, and I want to share with you some tips that I use to apply while choosing my daily outfits.
These are my personal tips to rock street style in a hot and humid country:
- Go for midi dresses in a loose soft fabric.
- Use fun accessories for styling, such as belts, bucket hats, mini bags, and a good pair of shoes. I love chunky shoes, besides giving a statement to the outfit it makes me look taller (Win, win!).
- Use that color bermuda short in your closet. As a bonus, have a matching blazer. This look goes very well with sneakers or strappy sandals.
- Have fun with your purse, use this accessory to edge your total look.
- Keep it monochrome yet nail the look using colorful shoes.
Now, boost that confidence and have fun while you dress. Do it for you, empower yourself and feel beautiful!